We at Red Apple Daycare strive to have the healthiest children we can possibly have in a group setting. In order to achieve this objective, the following is incorporated into our policies and procedures:
- Serve nutritious snacks and lunches
- Go outdoors everyday, weather permitting as per the Child Care Early Years Act
- Obey strict sanitary procedures as per public health guidelines
- Ensure that your child has sufficient rest during the day
- Follow strict health and illness policies which have been set in consultation with Toronto Public Health.
We would like you to understand that when we send your child home due to illness, we do so for the following reasons:
- Your child is ill and needs time to rest and recuperate
- We have other children who are exposed to your child’s illness
- Our staff is not qualified to diagnose your child’s condition
- We can only observe symptoms and ask for a professional diagnosis.